Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Scouting

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scouting - v. when boys (ahem, men) go out with each other to have dinner and some adult beverages...oh, and see a football team that is not their own play apparently to make sure their own team is ready when they meet. "I have to go scout Friday night in Brunswick." The verb "scouting" is the adult version of when young adults tell their parents that they are going "to the movies" but go "out" with friends instead.

So while John is out "scouting" this is what is going on at home...
WE (that means Mama) cleans up after two VERY active little boys, mows the lawn, cleans the house, feeds the boys, puts them to bed...all that just in time for Daddy to come home and say,



"So, what did y'all do tonight?"
UGH, Men...when will they learn???????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE POST! Men never learn!! My main question is "what kind of wonderful meds are you on?!?!" I'll be the first in line for some... :)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean Dell. My husband has been in Mississippi all weekend "getting ready" for the upcoming duck season. There will be many more come November. Needless to say I am not a fan of duck hunting. I recently bought a t-shirt that said "I'll stop shopping when men stop hunting", had to have it. :)