Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

A very busy Saturday...

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Melissa and I decided that we would take off with BOTH boys to Forsyth Park in Savannah for the Children's Book Festival!! (We were all so very sad that Dayle had some SWANKY other plans...maybe she will blog it and I can link you over!!!! HINT, HINT DAYLE) This picture looks like Baylor heard us in the planning stages and was holding his crib for dear life...really my Baby Baylor, you will have a good time - you just have to let go!!!!



SO, he did let go of his crib, we made it to Savannah, and into the "beast" for a short stroll to the park. Bay is always so content...

John McLean...well, as long as he is getting his way, he is GREAT!!!! This is him cutting his eyes at his Mama after a major meltdown for not enough time on the playground!!! Melissa had happy-little-content-Baylor while I was "carrying" John McLean out of the playground area!!! :)

He did, however, enjoy some time running with the children in the grass and chasing the "daaaawwwwggggeeeeeee" around. You wouldn't have known that we were there for books...we might as well have taken him the the weiner dog races!!!!

This was him in the Dr. Jean tent. She was drawing pictures of "dawgies" and telling a story about them...maybe that's why he stood there for a few seconds!!!!

Here is one of the vendors there...I liked the cute raccoon! I did buy one book - but don't tell John McLean or Baylor - for a Christmas present...it is a book about a trip to Athens to see the Dawgs play. It can get them ready for what they will be in for in a few years!!! It is an autographed copy!!!! I really didn't see the appeal of standing in line for HOURS to get a Laura Numeroff sig, so this will do!!!! :)


We got home in plenty of time for a wagon ride around the yard. Baylor looks like he is ready to jump out and John McLean is always one for wagon safety!!!

Not sure what Bay was saying here...either, "Sit down, John McLean" or "Did YOU have a good Saturday??? We sure did!!!"

"WOOO HOOO - yes we sure did have a great day!!!!"

We are looking forward to a full week of fun - and NO SCHOOL - next week for Thanksgiving...can't wait to see what all the Wood Family can find to get into that week!!!!!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was the Danner Duo invite!! Melissa could have really had her hands full.... she doesn't get the real deal just keeping with Baylor :) We definitely had a full Saturday, though, making our way to Savannah too but it definitely wasn't the same fun!

Melissa McCallar said...

I will have Tracy know that I am the professional babysitter of both Wood boys...AT THE SAME TIME! Mimi doesn't even do that! HA HA

I think Baylor was trying to say
"where is that very sweet Melissa, Mommy? I want her to come back and play with me some more!"

Cat Melton said...

Looks like you all had a good time! Dell, the boys are precious, and growing so fast.

Love you all!