Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

What to get Daddy for his 1st Father's Day?

Monday, June 16, 2008



I started thinking last week that I wanted to get Daddy something really nice for our 1st Father's Day together. I had some ideas, but I needed Mama's help to get it done.










So I had a little talk with Mama and gave her my BIG idea. She was a little surprised at first, but decided that she liked my idea and would help me out. So, she went out shopping and came back with some colors for me to choose from. I decided that I liked grey the best. She she went back and finished the deal.




I took the smallest part of the "surprise" and wrapped it up nicely in a little box. On Father's Day, I gave the box to Daddy for him to open. Imagine the surprise when he opened the box and found...






a set of keys to his new car...a grey Ford Explorer just like I picked out for him. I think he was really surprised...and maybe a little proud of his "little man" for thinking of something like that!!!







This is a picture of me and Daddy in front of his new car. We can't wait to take it for a spin. I think my car seat will fit nicely in this new ride!!! Let's try this thing out, Daddy!









I was a little uphappy about being in the front seat until Daddy told me that we were just looking around! I think he likes his surprise and he put my seat in the back and took me for a ride - Mama and I did a great job!!!




This shopping is exhausting...I think I will finish out the day right here in Mimi and Papa's swing!!! Happy First Father's Day Daddy!! Mama and I love you so much!!

2 comments:

Cat Melton said...

Awesome.

Looks like you had a good Father's Day, John. That boy and his momma did good, huh?

Thanks for posting...


Love you all,
Cat and Co

Missy said...

Wow - I bet he cannot wait to see what he gets for his 2nd father's day:) He is blessed to have such a giving family. John Mclean and mom are making us look bad-- we need to step up:)